Hi! My name is Gabriella Laszlo.
I work with people who run their own businesses or are just getting started -- but who hate dealing with their IT.
I show them how to tame their business IT with the right tools, while empowering them to become their own IT Department!
I am a Google Certified G Suite Administrator, and I worked for Google for over 10 years in various roles. In short, I am a cloud geek.
I’ve been called a tech lady who communicates with perfect sense! Helping people feel empowered using tech makes me feel proud and drives everything I do.
If you are looking for someone to help you with your business IT, I’d love to work with you, too!
If you are ready to make your business IT simpler or are just getting started and want to learn more about how we can work together:
If you use G Suite and don’t use it to its fullest extent, you will be amazed at what you had right under your fingertips all along!
My experience in more techy detail
- I did project planning, system configurations, project management, and rolled out (hands-on) multiple, interconnected G Suite instances for walled gardens (for thousands of users) through which users have access to the right type and amount of information and have controlled ways for interaction. Other departments picked up my process; I trained several about how to execute it.
- I simplified onboarding through defining better conventions and more effective utilization of Google Groups, especially for distribution of rights for information access.
- I did hands-on optimization of existing G Suite setup and continue to advise on architecture.
- I helped create a process and setup for collaborative environments for working groups within an organization through the utilization of Google Sites and Google Drive. It's a repeatable process to foster collaboration and communication.
- To fill business needs, I identified other products that connect to Google sign-on, including those in the Marketplace.
- I did setup for starting organizations; I continue to provide support.
- I helped users in migrating from 3rd party tool to Classic Google Sites and to New Google Sites; I also gave training, wrote documentation, and I provide support when needed.
- Past and upcoming talks.
- Change management.
Responsibilities and approaches
I did needs assessment, solutions design for how G Suite would fit needs; I interfaced with stakeholders to fine-tune designs, and with developers regarding integration with other systems. I planned and managed projects for G Suite deployments; I planned and executed change management, training, written documentation (including help and training docs) and did subsequent administration and support of G Suite instances.
On the administration-front, I purchased domains, did hands-on G Suite commissioning and fine-tuned settings for optimal performance for organization and user needs. I worked with IT security team members to ensure that the planned G Suite settings were compliant with company requirements. I also worked with legal team members. I commissioned new users, including bulk upload. When dealing with large numbers of new users or ongoing onboarding, I created protocols, conventions, and trained a team of user admins (with specific rights to the systems). I designed special Google Group structuring to minimize onboarding activities, yet to simultaneously enable automatic access to information that users need based on their function (with the necessary limits to access).
I gauged adoption also by metrics and reports available in G Suite.
I engaged developers for Google Oauth2 integration with other tools to achieve single sign-on, as well as for integration between G Suite and other tools.
When a new feature rollout or change was about to come, I planned for communication/documentation (and if needed, training), and support for questions.
I work and worked with teams both in-person and remotely. (I have experience providing support to admins, users, vendors -- including through Chrome Remote Desktop -- when necessary.)